Thursday, September 23, 2010

13th Company (or Pre-Heresy Wolves)

This was a fun army to put together because it allowed me to use a lot of my older, plastic CSM models. I had lots of CSMs configured with bolters or bolters & close combat weapons from my older, defunct CSM armies, and they basically turned into Grey Hunters; the CSMs with bolt pistols & close combat weapons turned into Blood Claws. It just seemed like a great fit for the older, CSM-themed Space Wolves from Codex: Eye of Terror.

I had some older Wulfen models that I was able to include in my Grey Hunter and Wolf Scout units so I included as many MotW upgrades as possible. The character models consist of a converted Wulfen as my Battle Leader, Njal as my Rune Priest, and a converted, scratch-built plastic Wolf Priest with lots of talismans. To make the list somewhat competitive I had to mount as many units as possible in Rhinos, each led by Wolf Guard and/or an HQ model.

13th Company - 2000 Points

Wolf Guard Battle Leader - 100
Mark of the Wulfen, Meltabombs, Mark of the Hunter

Rune Priest - 110
Jaws of the World Wolf, Murderous Hurricane, Saga of the Beastslayer

Wolf Priest - 135
Saga of the Warrior Born

Wolf Guard Pack (5) - 200
3x Wolf Guard w/Powerfist & Combi-melta
1x Wolf Guard w/Powerfist & Bolt Pistol
1x Wolf Guard w/Mark of the Wulfen

Wolf Scouts Pack (10) - 205
2x Power Weapon, Meltagun, Mark of the Wulfen

Blood Claw Pack (8) - 180
Powerfist, Rhino

Grey Hunter Pack #1 (8) - 200
Power Weapon, Mark of the Wulfen, Wolf Standard, Meltagun, Rhino

Grey Hunter Pack #2 (9) - 215
Power Weapon, Mark of the Wulfen, Wolf Standard, Meltagun, Rhino

Grey Hunter Pack #3 (9) - 215
Power Weapon, Mark of the Wulfen, Wolf Standard, Meltagun, Rhino

Grey Hunter Pack #4 (10) - 220
Power Weapon, Mark of the Wulfen, 2x Meltagun, Rhino

Grey Hunter Pack #5 (10) - 220
Power Weapon, Mark of the Wulfen, 2x Meltagun, Rhino


After I began building this force I saw a few postings on Bell of Lost Souls. Goatboy had used DoC Bloodcrushers for his Thunderwolf Cavalry unit, and I thought this was a perfect unit to incorporate into the 13th Company force I had begun building. I decided to use a unit of them, as well as a Wolf Lord to accompany them. I also wanted to take things one step further and incorporate a unit of Fenrisian Wolves to provide mobile cover saves for them. For these I used the newest versions of the DoC Fleshhounds.

Wolf Lord - 270
Thunderwolf Mount, Saga of the Warrior Born, Powerfist, Storm Shield, Wolf Tooth Necklace, Runic Armor, Wolf Tail Talisman

Thunderwolf Cavalry (5) - 275
Powerfist

Fenrisian Wolves (10) - 88
Cyberwolf

Incorporating these three units involves a bit of points juggling (wargear, a model here and there).

No comments:

Post a Comment